Whimsy by Crystal

My New Treasure!  

Posted by: Crystal Cord

Yesterday on Mother's day, My hubby decides its time to cut the hole for the attic access. (We recently bought this house and it doesn't have one and per everyone we needed one.) So it's just cutting a hole in the ceiling....No! Not at this house....after the hole is cut about a foot is low and behold another ceiling (Plaster I might add) So my hubby with hammer in tow... busted a hole in the plaster ceiling! then to find very old tongue and groove hardwood floors.....He looks at me and says" Now what?" Um you've already made this giant mess you might as well finish. So through the hardwood he went. Finally he made it to the big room that is our attic. There's window's (Covered by siding) and it is huge. Anyway, in the corner there's this old sewing table. It being mother's day my honey took it apart and brought it down the hole. I wasn't too concerned that the treadle parts were missing...(The wheel and foot) because I have my great grandmothers old singer bottom that my mom made a counter top for and it sits in my living room....So I did a little swapin' and I now have my singer back to the way granny did. This is a pic of before....Notice it's black from all dirt...


 After many hours of work this is what treasure I now have! I wouldn't trade it for the world!


I haven't decided if  I'm going to stain it and bring the color's back...I like it the way it is.


I hope you had a wonderful mother's day! I sure did! I got something I always wanted to get finished! and it was free!

XOXO


P.S.    Hopefully a couple of mother's day from Now I'll have a new studio up in that old attic!!!

This entry was posted on Monday, May 14, 2012 .